Friday 12 December 2014

Historical Research

I'm at the pointy end of my fiction novel, towards the climatic scene where my main characters are about to reunite with an estranged family member.

I have done some research about old historical houses, set on a beautiful beach landscape, in a quiet country town.

In particular I am looking to describe a fairly haunted house, although there are residents in the house, it is supposed to give off a fairly old and aged vibe.

As a part-time author who only writes as a hobby with no training, I am really pleasantly surprised at the abundance of resources online to help you with writing for inspiration.

This particularly site I am thankful for-and no I will not copy a single word from this link, but will use it for inspiration in drawing my words.

http://www.descriptionari.com/describe/abandoned-house/




2 comments:

  1. That's excellent. It's great to have such readily available resources at our disposal to draw inspiration from :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem happy to help in any way I can :)

    ReplyDelete